The resilience and bravery displayed by the Ukrainian citizens in the face of Putin’s actions have left many in London and worldwide in admiration. Numerous Ukrainians who live in the UK, numbering in the tens of thousands, participated in protests in central London to demonstrate their support for the nation and their anger at the terrible deeds of Putin’s administration. People fleeing oppression, persecution, and war have a long history of finding refuge in London. Londoners will do everything in their power to assist those escaping Putin’s war in unity with the courageous people of Ukraine. Here are a few ways organizations like https://allenandatherton.com/ are responding to the crisis, from using donations to aid those in conflict zones or fleeing bombs to facilitating refugee resettlement in the UK.
- Donate securely
You could like to give through one of the many organisations that have started campaigns in the UK and around the world. You may take a few quick actions to make sure your cash is secure and being utilised wisely:
- Use the search the charity register tool to verify the charity’s name and registration number.
- The majority of charities with revenue of £5,000 or more should be registered, meaning they are subject to regulation by The Charity Commission.
- Check the charity’s legitimacy before providing any financial details.
- Request the charity/organisation for more details if you are doubtful.
- Clothing & bedding
In addition to monetary contributions, grassroots organisations are gathering supplies, including clothing, bedding, & sanitary products:
- According to the BBC, a Staffordshire family who made a plea for necessities claimed to have been “inundated” & “overwhelmed” by the reaction.
- A collection site for goods was set up in Northern Ireland by a group of Poles at a warehouse in Belfast.
- The Women of Newport community group in Wales also collected donations for refugees; however, they requested that individuals only bring brand-new toiletries and clean, in good-condition clothing or shoes.
It is advisable for anyone planning to donate to a community organisation first to determine what is most needed and whether they are still collecting donations.
- Support local charities
On the ground, several Ukrainian charities are active. A nonprofit called Sunflower of Peace has been accumulating money for supplies, including first aid medical tactical backpacks, to aid paramedics and physicians.
In order to assist children impacted by the conflict in eastern Ukraine, Voices of Children uses various techniques, including art therapy, psychology, video storytelling, and others.
The British Red Cross has made an urgent plea for assistance for Ukraine. The charity’s website is updated with information on the work being done by its team and how donations will be used to aid individuals. The UN organisation has also made an urgent plea for refugees.
- Apply to become a sponsor
The government established a sponsorship program to ensure that Ukrainians forced to escape their homes have a way to safety. The programme pairs Ukrainians who don’t have familial ties to the UK with individuals, organisations, enterprises, and community groups.
- Social media
Using the hashtag #StandForUkraine, the UK government, the Ukrainian government, and others have shared words of support on social media.
However, take care when sharing information online because there’s a lot of misinformation and disinformation (also known as misleading information) floating around concerning the issue. You may contribute to halting the spread by:
- Consider whether the info appears to be correct. Does it make sense? Do you recognise the source of information?
- Before engaging with or sharing material on your social networks, use the SHARE checklist to determine whether you can trust it.
- Cyber security
According to the National Cyber Security Center, the UK is not currently facing any specific cyber threats related to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. Organizations and individuals are urged to heed NCSC advice on what to do while the cyber danger is at its peak. Visit the Cyber Aware website to uncover valuable tips and resources to help you, your family or your company stays safe online.
These are some methods through which organizations like allenandatherton.comsupport Ukrainians, so please consider contributing if you can.
Leave a Reply