There has been an increase of availing services from online pharmacies in the past few years, and it is with good reason. It may sound extremely appealing to purchase your medicines online at the comfort of your own home – just like shopping for clothes or electronics over the internet. However, consider the fact that it could pose a serious risk to your health and may cause a dent in your wallet if you’re not careful.
A lot of websites selling prescription medications are legitimate but let’s be real – there are also some that are not. Certain sites online are phony and possibly sell expired or even poor quality medicines. It can be quite difficult to discern the good sites from the bad ones, but once you research and conclude on a legitimate company, here are several benefits you will enjoy:
- Online pharmacies offer you simplicity and convenience. Nothing beats the ease of purchasing anything at the convenience of your own home, including prescriptions. They provide you a one-stop shop experience without the hassle of getting in line, and the medications are delivered right to your doorstep.
- Online Canadian Pharmacies like My Drug Center offers several ways for you to save money. Online consumers can actually save up to 80% compared to your local drug pharmacies. This is one of the major benefits of purchasing your medicine online. You can save money since online pharmacies do carry the same drugs as your local pharmacy but they do not have the same marked up prices. You also get to enjoy the convenience of ordering your prescription any time of the day and also even during weekends and holidays.
- It is discreet and offers you the privacy of your medication purchases. If you were hesitant to ask certain questions to a pharmacist in person, you can feel free to over the phone. If you feel embarrassed, or just prefer to keep your healthcare the most private, you can be assured that online pharmacies offer anonymity in your purchases.
- You can consult with a live person or a licensed pharmacist from the comfort of your own home. If you have questions about your medication, you can still talk to a real person through their toll-free number. Online pharmacies also provide detailed product information that you can print, as well as other sources for your medication and health condition.
- You get service whenever you need it. Your local pharmacy is usually operating within their own business hours. If you need to speak to a pharmacist after hours, you will have to wait the next day. This is applicable if your pharmacy is open seven days a week. While an online pharmacy has a large window of operating hours, some even offering a 24/7 service to answer your inquiries. If it is an emergency however, contact your doctor immediately.
Leave a Reply